PHOTO: Chianis, 2022
“I LOVE living here where there’s lots of beautiful water to fish, kayak, and play in.”
– Trudy A. Brewer, Student at the Tiller School in Beaufort, North Carolina
Industry Working Group in 2022
The Industry Working Group is
made up of commercial and recreational fisheries representatives,
working together to protect the quality of water and quality of life in coastal North Carolina.
2021 Completed Goals of the IWG:
- Enhanced the voices of North Carolina’s coastal fisheries community.
- Collaborated and communicated with fisheries representatives to address concerns about how water quality impacts fisheries.
- Collectively learned (from the WQ4F Assessment Process) what is currently being done in NC to address water quality issues impacting fisheries.
- Collaboratively made recommendations on what more needs to be done to improve water quality for fisheries.
- Proposed next steps that address gaps in addressing what is not currently being done to address water quality issues.
Do you, or someone you know, fish in North Carolina’s Coastal Waters (Commercial or Recreational)?
Join us today, click here to register.
Donate to benefit Water Quality for Fisheries – Click Here
Coastal Carolina Riverwatch
Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser